New SPIE Fellows named, education grants awarded
Five new SPIE Fellows were named at a luncheon on the last day of the Photonics Europe symposium, and honored for their significant scientific and technical contributions in optics, photonics, and imaging. The five are among a total of 72 new Fellows named by SPIE this year, and include:
* Patrick Meyrueis, Université Louis Pasteur, France
* Pietro Ferraro, CNR-INOA, Italy
* Allan Boardman, University of Salford, UK
* Carlos Ferreira, Universitat de València, Spain
* Kent Choquette, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.